What is the one-stop effective solution to get a perfectly aligned dazzling smile? Braces. Whether you have:
– Oddly-shaped teeth
– Spacing issues, or
– Bite issues
Braces will help you solve all these periodontal problems in one go. In fact, research says they also help fix severe dental trauma and remove splints.
However, many people prefer alternatives to braces because of the gray metal wires and brackets visible when talking. They are definitely not aesthetically pleasing and can make you self-conscious about your appearance. But gone are those days! Now you get a palate full of colors for your braces.
So, this blog will cover how you can choose the best braces colors. What braces colors to avoid? What are the best colors for braces? What drivers should you consider when choosing? You will dive into all these answers and make an informed decision for yourself. Time to dig in.
Braces Colors to Avoid
Steer clear of dark colors strictly. These shades, like black or brown, make your teeth look stained or discolored. Besides, white and yellow should be on your no-list. These bands absorb the stain from beverages like black coffee, tea, or red wine.
Here are some reasons to avoid dark color braces:
- Black for they appear as rotten or decayed teeth.
- White, for they get easily stained and make your teeth look yellow.
- Yellow, for they make already yellow-toned teeth more yellow.
- Brown and green for they make your teeth look like food stuck between your teeth.
What Are the Best Colors For Braces To Enhance Your Smile?
When choosing the best braces colors, keep in mind that the band shade must make your teeth look whiter. Speaking of which, except for black, brown, or green, dark colors can make your teeth look brighter. Besides, you can pick colors that go with your wardrobe. This will help cut through the monotony. Here are a few color combinations you must check out.
- Neon Green and Pink for giving the bright, fruit-like fresh vibes.
- Pink and Purple to make your braces appear balanced or dazzling.
- Baby Blue and Navy Blue give a contrast and make teeth look more white.
- Orange and Blue give an unusual but quirky look to your teeth.
- Black and Red are especially for teens. These are bright colors that can go with any clothes in your wardrobe.
Apart from this, if you are considering picking good colors for braces for children, ask your orthodontist to give children full control over band colors. The Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry emphasizes the significance of child-friendly colors in improving dental treatment.
Good Braces Colors for Different Skin Tones
One of the vital factors when choosing the best braces colors is to get colors that match your skin tones. Choosing braces that match your skin will always succeed in making your braces look good.
- For darker or olive-colored skin tones: Go for jewel tones like turquoise, gold, navy, or violet.
- For fair-skin: Choose cool colors like sky blue, light pink, or lilac.
Tips for Choosing the Best Color for Braces
Follow these few quick tips and tricks when picking up good braces colors.
- Be clear about how much braces you want people to notice when you talk, smile, or eat. If you don’t want them to highlight boldly on your teeth, then no color is the color for you. This means going for lighter combinations. If you want them to be quirky and creative, go for brighter colors.
- Choose colors that will make your teeth look whiter. Pick a color that contrasts the natural yellowish tone of your teeth. For instance, blue and white are good if you have lighter-colored eyes. Similarly, dark pinks for dark eyes.
- Speaking of which, consider matching the braces color with your eyes. Go for bright colors for light eyes and muted colors for darker ones.
However, ask your orthodontist to know what braces color you should go for.
Changing Braces Colors
Keep in mind that braces offer a contrast between teeth and elastic. This also means band colors can help you with color correction. If you are worried about your teeth being yellow or stained, choose dark colors and make them look whiter.
Similarly, never pick orange or yellow bands since they will make your teeth look yellow. You might be thinking, why not go for white-colored bands? They will anyway make teeth look white. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. White bands make teeth look duller. Plus, they are very easy to stain.
By now, you’ve discovered the secret to selecting the perfect braces colors in this blog. Don’t be afraid to experiment with various combinations, finding one that enhances both your personal style and complexion. After all, colors bring a burst of positivity to any situation – so why not let your braces shine?
Discover more about Braces in Alexandria, VA
Studies from consensus app: 3