https://www.dr-braces.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Untitled-design-18.png 431 800 Dr. Afsaneh https://www.dr-braces.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/drbraces_logo-300x138.png Dr. Afsaneh2023-03-14 09:48:102023-03-14 09:56:46Dry Mouth With Braces Explained: Xerostomia
Dry Mouth With Braces Explained: Xerostomia
Everyone dreams of a perfect dazzling smile. Interestingly, braces are fulfilling the dreams of millions every day. However, the journey with braces is not as easy as it looks. One of the major trouble spots includes a dry mouth with braces.
Numerous reasons are responsible for dry mouth. Generally braces:
- Build up a conducive environment for plaque, resulting in gum disease and tooth decay
- Trap food particles, making it harder for saliva to wash them away and reducing saliva production.
- Cause temporary changes in the nerves that control saliva production.
These are just a few. If you wish to battle them away, you must find answers to questions like:
- Why is my mouth so dry with braces?
- What to do for dry mouth with braces?
- How to prevent dry mouth with braces?
And so on. This blog will run you through all these questions and help you find solutions to this significant braces problem. Let’s dive in.